Kids Count Child Care
To view the Kids Count Child Care brochure, please click here.
Kids Count Child Care is a high quality, inclusive program that provides learning, social, and creative experiences for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers, six weeks to five years of age. It is an inclusive educational setting for both children with typical development and children with disabilities and developmental delays.
Early learning experiences have a powerful impact on children and their families, and Kids Count Child Care is committed to providing a safe, loving, and nurturing program. A carefully planned curriculum, focusing on experiential, hands-on learning and skill building, the Creative Curriculum provides activities that help each child reach his or her appropriate developmental milestones. The child-centered, teacher-guided program provides an environment where children are able to develop their creativity, imagination and self-worth, and become independent, self-confident individuals.
To ensure that each child attains age-appropriate skills, staff assess developmental milestones regularly. These evaluations help families understand their children’s growth and development and provide essential information for identifying children who may be experiencing developmental delays.
As a program of P.G. Chambers School, Kids Count Child Care is uniquely positioned to identify, care for, and educate children with developmental disabilities or delays. Child care staff work in collaboration with special educators, nurses, occupational and physical therapists, and speech-language pathologists to identify strengths and weaknesses and provide appropriate intervention techniques and strategies. Early identification leads to early intervention, proven to improve developmental outcomes for children with developmental delays.
- Child-centered, activity-based instruction and opportunities for free play and exploration
- Developmental assessments to monitor developmental milestones
- Certified teachers to implement the developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Immediate access to the expansive, natural, and safe outdoor play area of the school’s Learning Park
- Health and well-being of children monitored and supported by school’s nursing department
- New Jersey Department of Children and Families, Office of Licensing
- Therapy services for children with disabilities and developmental delays
- Staff certified in infant and child CPR
- Professional development provided for all staff
- Open Monday – Friday, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Flexible enrollment options
Kids Count staff communicate with families daily through informal conversation and written daily activities sheets that provide information about their child’s care, eating and toileting routines, classroom events, and activities.
For information about fees, enrollment, or to visit Kids Count Child Care, contact program director, Carolyn Young at firstname.lastname@example.org