Development and Marketing
P.G. Chambers School has established excellent opportunities for development (fundraising) and marketing internships at the graduate and undergraduate level. The development department, responsible for $1 million in fundraising each year, provides a creative and energetic atmosphere for learning and practice in the not-for-profit environment.
The intern(s) work with the development staff to learn and participate in all aspects of fundraising:
- Planning and executing five signature special events
- Increasing and expanding the school’s social media presence
- Donor cultivation and stewardship
- Public relations, awareness, and publicity
- Online research and proposal development
- Database operation
Helpful coursework, skills, and experience
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and blogs
- Strong computer and internet skills
- Organizational and problem solving skills
- General knowledge of marketing
- General knowledge of public relations practices
The development internship program is structured to coordinate the students’ interests, backgrounds, and schedules with needs of the school.
“Working as social media interns at PGCS, interacting with the students, and meeting this staff has been a wonderful and educational experience for us, Thank you!”
Tyler Courter, Nicholas Walsh of Stevens Institute of Technology, and Adam Porcelan, of Ramapo College.
For information please contact, Patricia Sly, Executive Director at SlyP@chambersschool.org