Workshops and Seminars
P.G. Chambers School has developed a number of in-service programs on a variety of topics that build the skills and competencies of teachers, therapists, and paraprofessionals in special education and inclusive classrooms.
- Classroom Management: A Multisensory Approach using Universal Design for Learning. For more information on this April 2016 workshop, please click on the flyer here. To register and pay by credit card, please call Therese Weiss, (973) 829-8484, Ext. 143. To pay by mail, click here to print a registration form and mail to: Therese Weiss, Executive Administrative Assistant, P.G. Chambers School, 15 Halko Drive, Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927.
- Assistive Technologies for the 2015 Classroom Team. A practical workshop focusing on technology and the curriculum. Click here for the course flyer from the March 2015 workshop.
- Movement and Learning: A Valuable Link to Academic Success. Click here to download the course flyer from the October 2014 course.
- iExplore Apps: An Interactive iPad Workshop for Educators and Therapists. Click here to download the course flyer from the March 2014 course.
- Adapting Classroom Activities for Students with Multiple Disabilities to Meet Core Curriculum Content Standards (CCCS)
- Techniques for Students Who Can’t Sit Still
- Classroom Adaptations for Students with Physical Disabilities How to Program and Use Augmentative Communication Devices Using Proloquo2go with the Apple iPad
- The Impact of Movement on Learning
- Yoga in the Early Childhood Classroom
The expert training staff at P.G. Chambers School can also customize in-service training for public and private school teachers and therapists. Fees for workshops are set based on number of participants and length of session. For information, please contact Kristin Young at YoungK@ChambersSchool.Org