Hone your skills in the evaluation and treatment of primitive reflexes through interactive labs and case studies by utilizing a functional and play-based approach. This approach provides your pediatric clients with the foundation they need to reach function goals more quickly. Labs to allow therapists to practice the evaluation skills and walk away with the tools, resources, and supporting research to effectively treat their clients and improve functional outcomes.
At the completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Explain the three levels of motor control in the central nervous system, articulate the functions of each area, and their relationships to each other
- Correlate current research to the evaluation and treatment of primitive reflexes
- Describe the importance of structural development and alignment of the pelvis and trunk
- Effectively perform a primitive reflex integration assessment
- Design a treatment plan to address retained primitive reflexes to utilize effective intervention strategies to strengthen your client’s foundational skills, improve client outcomes, and increase engagement in functional activity
Faculty: Janine Wiskind, MS, OTR/L, CBISCo-Sponsored by: P.G. Chambers School and Education Resources, Inc.
How to register: Please contact Education Resources at 1-800-487-6530 or visit www.educationresourcesinc.com
Date(s) - 10/25/2019 - 10/26/2019