To view the Community Services brochure, click here.
As a NJ Department of Education Approved Clinic and Agency, P. G. Chambers School helps community public and private schools include students with disabilities into their classes and programs by providing on-site related services. Contracts may be short-term or long-term, but imply continuing services over a period of time. Contracts are often the solution for covering family leave on school-based therapies, staffing, or when particular expertise is required for a child to participate and benefit from his or her Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
The services; physical, occupational, and speech therapy, are specified in the student’s IEP and are provided in conjunction with the special education program. Often related services in the special education program are provided within the classroom setting.
PGCS Collaborations in Special Education E-Newsletter
May 2018: Announcing New High School Option for Students with Multiple Disabilities
E-Newsletter: New Options for High School Students with Special Needs
Randolph High School and PGCS Open New Collaborative High School Program
Assistive Technology Plans Ease Student Transitions
March 2018: Practical Classroom Design Ideas
E-Newsletter: Redesign your classroom to improve learning
Improve Student Outcomes with Small Changes to Your Classroom Environment
OT’s Contribution to Community-Based Instruction
February 2018: AT and AAC: What you need to know
E-Newsletter: AT and AAC are different, find out why
Is it Semantics or is There a Difference between an Assistive Technology (AT) Evaluation and an Augmentative and Alternative (AAC) Evaluation?
Set High Expectations for Assistive Technology Evaluations
P.G. Chambers School develops contracts with schools to provide:
- Speech-language pathology, including augmentative and assistive communication
- Occupational therapy, including sensory integration, splinting and adaptations, and environmental design
- Physical therapy, including accessibility, adaptive seating and equipment, adapted physical education programs, and environmental design
- Direct services, includingontent/uploads/2018/02/Is-It-Semantics….docx
- Speech/language services
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- In-service training to staff and parent groups
Each contract is specifically designed and customized to meet the needs of students with disabilities attending the contract schools.
- Contact Kristin Young PT, DPT, Director of Community Services YoungK@chambersschool.org or at 973-829-8484
- Site visit to potential contract school
- Develop Letter of Agreement between PGCS and contract school
The Letter of Agreement includes:
- Start and end date of contract
- Hours per week that services will be provided
- Type of therapy services (occupational, physical, or speech therapy)
- Scope of services, i.e., individual or small group therapy, classroom consultation, consultation with families and school personnel, teacher training, IEP annual review and progress reports
- Responsibilities of P.G. Chambers School
- Responsibilities of contract school
- PGCS contact information
See our 2018-2019 Fee Schedule for general cost information.
P.G. Chambers School makes every effort to accommodate contracts with schools in fulfillment of our mission that each child will have the skills to be included in a general education setting at the appropriate time.
P.G. Chambers School has contracts with a number of local public and private schools and is pleased to provide references upon request.
To begin the process or for more information contact Director of Community Services, Kristin Young PT, DPT at YoungK@chambersschool.org